Zone Clinical Department Facility Chief (ZCDFC), Surgery, Leduc Community Hospital (LCH), 0623EDMpcc9084 Full-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician Leduc 14 views
Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone invites applications for the role of Zone Clinical Department Facility Chief (ZCDFC), Surgery, Leduc Community Hospital (LCH).
This 0.10 FTE position governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules, reports to the Zone Clinical Department Head (ZCDH), Surgery and the Facility Medical Director (FMD), LCH. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that standards of care are being met in the department and that support for research and teaching is available.
This position provides input into the development of policies and criteria for procedures as it relates to Surgery as well as reviewing and recommending privileges for physicians and evaluating the performance of medical staff working within the Department.
- Ensure effective processes and mechanisms are in place to encourage best practice and improve clinical outcomes / quality
- Ensure physician involvement in, and promotion of, quality assurance, research and education initiatives, both site specific and department wide
- Liaise with physician representatives from other Departments and sites on issues relating to process or care of patients
- Participate in department flow initiatives
- Ensure effective and consistent communication with both ZCDH and physicians under Site / Facility Chief direction
- Complete necessary physician performance reviews (as directed by medical affairs)
- Investigate patient complaints which concern physician behaviour or practice
The position has an expected start date of approximately September 1, 2023 and an expected term of 3 years.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution and a passion for quality and patient safety. They will be an inclusive and visionary leader with significant experience in medical leadership and is considered a strong clinician by peers.
The successful candidate will possess superior interpersonal skills, have demonstrated supervisory experience and be an excellent clinician with the respect of their peers. The successful candidate also will be committed to fulfilling clinical and non-clinical duties as a representative of the Department of Surgery.
Candidates must be Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)certified, be eligible to work in Canada, and hold or be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and appointment to the AHS Medical Staff. Candidates should have evidence of formal administrative education and training.
To apply, please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and a letter of interest to:
Dr. David Williams, Zone Clinical Department Head, Surgery
Dr. Allister Waugh, Facility Medical Director, LCH
c/o Kaitlyn Haug
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Deadline for submission of applications is 30 days; however, the competition will remain open until the position is filled.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Pediatrics
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is in accordance with AHS contractor agreements.
- Posting Date: Jun 5, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.