Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone invites applications for the role of Zone Clinical Department Head (ZCDH), Clinical Neurosciences.
This 0.40 FTE position, governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules, reports directly to the Associate Zone Medical Director (AZMD), Clinical Neurosciences in the Edmonton Zone. The ZCDH for Clinical Neurosciences will work closely with the Executive Director (ED) responsible for Clinical Neurosciences using the AHS dyad model, and will be jointly responsible for providing integrated leadership for Clinical Neurosciences across the Edmonton Zone. Specific duties and responsibilities of the ZCDH are further defined in the AHS Medical Bylaws and Rules.
The ZCDH for Clinical Neurosciences is a Senior Medical Leadership role in the Edmonton Zone; providing leadership support to the AZMD, as well as supporting the vision of AHS; contributing expert guidance and advice to matters within the Zone Clinical Department; and conducting rigorous performance management and quality improvement.
Other major accountabilities include:
- Achieving results - effective oversight of all Edmonton Zone Clinical Neurosciences services, activities and programs;
- Strategic Planning and Evaluation - development of Zone plans, priorities and performance agreements;
- Relationship Management - collaboration with stakeholders including other Departments and programs to improve system efficiency, the clients and families, the University of Alberta Academic Department of Clinical Neurosciences, professional associations, contracted agencies, and other community stakeholders;
- Quality - ensure effective processes and mechanisms are in place to encourage best practice and improve quality as defined by structure, process, and outcomes;
- Patient Care - ensure high quality and safe patient care within the Zone Clinical Department and coordinated service delivery within all Facilities and communities of the Zone;
- Physician Engagement - ensure physician involvement in, and promotion of, quality assurance, research and education initiatives, both site specific and department wide;
- Resource Management - effective management and stewardship of resources; and
- Performance Management - evaluation of the performance of medical staff, innovation and integration of high quality patient focused clinical care.
The position has an expected start date of approximately April 1st, 2023 and an expected term of 3 years.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution, negotiation and a The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution and a passion for quality and patient safety working as a part of a leadership team. S/he will be an inclusive and visionary leader with significant experience in medical leadership and is considered a strong clinician by peers.
Candidates must be registered or eligible for registration with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or equivalent, eligible to work in Canada, and be eligible for or have current licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and appointment to the AHS Medical Staff. Candidates should have evidence of formal administrative education and training.
To apply, please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and a letter of interest online through the doctorjobsalberta.com posting as well as a separate copy to Dr. Dylan Taylor
c/o Ashika Bakridi at Ashika.Bakridi@ahs.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Deadline for submission of applications is February 28th, 2023; however, the competition will remain open until the position is filled.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.4
- Department: Clinical Neurosciences
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Compensation: Remuneration is in accordance with AHS contractor agreements.
- Posting Date: Jan 18, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.