Alberta Health Services is inviting applications from Physicians who are interested in taking on the position of Zone Clinical Department Facility Chief (ZCDFC), Family Medicine, Leduc Community Hospital (LCH).
This 0.10 FTE position, governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules, reports directly to the Facility Medical Director, LCH as well as the Zone Section Chief, Hospitalist Family Medicine. The ZCDFC, Family Medicine, LCH will be responsible for engaging, leading and representing the group of Family Physicians providing inpatient care at LCH. This position provides input into the development of policies and criteria for procedures as they relate to Family Medicine as well as reviewing and recommending privileges for physicians working within the Community. The ZCDFC, Family Medicine is a Senior Medical Leadership role in the Edmonton Zone contributing expert guidance and advice to matters within the Department of Family Medicine and conducting rigorous performance management and quality improvement.
Other major accountabilities include:
- Engage site physicians for the purposes of alignment of the priorities as estblished by the Facility, the Section Chief for Hospitalist Family Medicine and the Department of Family Medicine
- Ensure effective processes and mechanisms are in place to encourage best practices and improve clinical outcomes / quality Collaborate and coordinate between LCH and other EZ AHS sites
- Be committed to implementing the principles of the AHS Edmonton Zone 2030 Plan
- Be committed to implementing and adopting accreditation standards, including Required Organizational Practices
- Be active participant in QA initiatives, as identified in the AHS Quality Management framework
- Collect, manage and communicate site-specific information to support the department of Family Medicine annual report
- Ensure effective and consistent communication with both ZCDH, Health Care Team Lead, and physicians under Site / Facility Chief direction
- Complete necessary physician performance reviews (as directed by medical affairs)
- Investigate patient complaints which concern physician behavior or practice
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution, negotiation and a passion for quality and patient safety. S/he will be an inclusive and visionary leader with significant experience in medical leadership and considered to be a strong clinician by peers. The successful candidate will possess superior interpersonal skills, have demonstrated supervisory experience and be an excellent clinician with the respect of his/her peers. The successful candidate also will be committed to fulfilling clinical and non-clinical duties as a representative of the Department of Family Medicine.
Candidates must be certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP), be eligible to work in Canada, and hold or be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and appointment to the AHS Medical Staff. Candidates should have evidence of formal administrative education and training.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Family Medicine
- Specialty: Medical Leadership
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is in accordance with AHS contractor agreements.To apply, please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and a letter of interest online through the doctorjobsalberta.com posting as well as a separate copy to Dr. Nadia Salvaterra c/oLora Semeniuk at Edm.email@example.comWe thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.Deadline for submission of applications is 30 days; however, the competition will remain open until the position is filled.
- Community Info: The Leduc Community Hospital, just 20 minutes south of Edmonton, serves the city of Leduc and surrounding areas more than 38,000 people.The hospital employs more than 500 regular staff with an additional casual staffing component and provides the following programs and services: inpatient medical and surgical care, general and specialized day surgery, specialized outpatient clinics, 24/7 emergency department, rehabilitation programs, laboratory services, diagnostic imaging, and dietitian/ nutritional counseling. Specialists clinics and consults include Infectious Diseases, Respiratory Physician, Pain Clinic and Geriatric Clinic.Medical staff consists of 28 family physicians plus 40 surgeons and specialists.
- Posting Date: Mar 31, 2022
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.