Alberta Health Services (AHS), Edmonton Zone invites applications for the role of Zone Clinical Section Chief (ZCSC), Pediatric Endocrinology.
This 0.05 FTE position governed by the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules, reports to the Zone Clinical Department Head, Child Health. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that standards of care are being met in the department and that support for research and teaching is available.
This position provides input into the development of policies and criteria for procedures as it relates to Child Health as well as reviewing and recommending privileges for physicians and evaluating the performance of medical staff working within the Department.
The position has an expected start date of approximately June 1st,2022 and an expected term of 3 years.
Deadline for submission of applications is 30 days; however, the competition will remain open until the position is filled.
COVID-19 Immunization:Please provide proof of full immunization against COVID-19 in compliance with AHSs COVID Immunization Policy.Full immunization status is achieved when 14 days have passed after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine, or the first dose of a single-dose vaccine.See ourFrequently Asked Questionsfor additional information.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities in communication, conflict resolution and a passion for quality and patient safety. S/he will be an inclusive and visionary leader with significant experience in medical leadership and is considered a strong clinician by peers.
The successful candidate will possess superior interpersonal skills, have demonstrated supervisory experience and be an excellent clinician with the respect of his/her peers. The successful candidate also will be committed to fulfilling clinical and non-clinical duties as a representative of the Department of Cardiac Surgery.
Candidates must be Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)certified, be eligible to work in Canada, and hold or be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and appointment to the AHS Medical Staff. Candidates should have evidence of formal administrative education and training.
- Position Classification: Part-time
- FTE: 0.05
- Department: Child Health
- Specialty: Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: No
- Compensation: Remuneration is in accordance with AHS contractor agreements.Recruiter Contact:To apply, please forward a copy of your curriculum vitae and a letter of interest online through the doctorjobsalberta.com posting as well as a separate copy to Dr. Lonnie Zwaigenbaum c/o Anica Petrusevska at Anica.Petrusevska@ahs.caWe thank all applicants for their interest; only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.Deadline for submission of applications is 30 days; however, the competition will remain open until the position is filled.
- Posting Date: May 13, 2022
- Closing Date: Jun 24, 2022
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
General Practitioners and Family Physicians are licensed health care professionals and are educated in the general practice, with opportunities to focus their practice in specialized areas.
Specialist physicians are trained and certified to provide patient care within a specific discipline. They also act as consultants to other physicians; perform surgery and supervise surgical procedures; and may conduct research on the nature, cause and development of diseases.